Code of Conduct
ITOC8 VIRTUAL MEETING CODE OF CONDUCT
ITOC8 is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and ITOC8 staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, ITOC8 staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all ITOC8 meeting-related events, including external pages linked to, on public or private platforms.
ITOC8 has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment at our virtual meeting. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ITOC asks that you inform the ITOC8 Organizing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
• Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
• Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ITOC8 staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
• Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ITOC8 staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
• Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the virtual exhibition space, or at other events organized by ITOC8 throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ITOC8 virtual event staff.
• Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ITOC8 reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
• Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
ITOC8 reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ITOC8 reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.